Process and product: We facilitate a community process so individuals, groups, and families can sit down together and create useful or decorative products. The process is at least as important as the products.
Sustainability: The community weaves recycled materials like T-shirt twine and other strong materials, into useful and attractive products, such as hammocks, hats, hanging planters, shades, and bags.
Our idea evolved out of a childhood craft experience with a handheld looping device. With our desire to do something useful that connects people, it became a design tool on the macro level.
Meet the Team
Marianne Levin, Founder
- Greeting cards of landscapes and pet portraits sold at Changing Hands Bookstore – Tempe and Purple Lizard Boutique, AZ (2015, 2016)
- Original chalk painting at Via Colori Festival, Scottsdale Arts District (Oct. 2008)
- “Plarn” and yarn contributions to the Hyperbolic Crochet Reef Project, at The Gallery at Scottsdale Civic Center Library (April 2007)
- Murals in private collections and doctors’ offices (various dates)
- Commercial tight renderings of original jewelry designs; carved wax models New York City, New Mexico, and Arizona (pre–2007)
- Constructive Anatomy, Life Drawing, Oil Painting (Art Students League, NYC)
- Lawrence Kallenberg: Design and Wax Model Making (Fashion Institute of New York, NYC)
- Valerie Tolliver and Allura Westly: Watercolor (Phoenix, AZ)
- Gini Heywood: Oil Painting (Phoenix, AZ)
Randy Sanders, Chief Instigating Officer (CIO)
AutoCAD draftsman and 3D Visualization specialist, inventive punster
- 32,000+ hours 2D cd AutoCAD Production work
- More than 11 years in architectural offices
- 3D modeling and visualization, presentation work, and animation